Fair Oaks Foods began their story in 1985, during a time when the world's largest fast food restaurant searched for a supplier that further reflected the demographics of their customer base. A search to find an existing Minority owned and operated meat processing business, proved unsuccessful. Fair Oaks Foods was created to fill a gap in an industry that was in crucial need of diversity and growth. Three decades later, Fair Oaks Foods stands as an innovative, family-owned business consisting of culinary experts that specialize in making flavor-filled, fully cooked meat and plant based protein products. It's a specialty - continued to be done well!
Growth is something Fair Oaks Foods is familiar with! Fair Oaks Foods has proudly grown nearly 300%, added additional facilities, has continued expanding into international markets and continues to supply meat protein products to many of the world's leading restaurants and grocery stores.
Rate of pay: 2nd Shift: $19/hr
Hours: 3:45 pm to 1:45 am
Duties & Responsibilities:
This job description intends to summarize the duties and responsibilities performed by the candidate selected for this position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those listed in this job description.
- Contribute to production operations by complying with policies and procedures for meat processing; Good Manufacturing Practices, Hazard Analysis, and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations, etc.
- Contribute to a safe and sanitary working environment by complying with establishment procedures and rules.
- Inspect forklift equipment before use to assure safe operation.
- Receive shipments of fresh meat, raw materials, and supplies and place them in proper storage locations, following accountability procedures.
- Load shipments of finished product onto trucks.
- Manage the stock of fresh meat in cooler to assure 'First In, First Out' usage.
- Move pallet loads of finished product from production line and store them in freezer.
- Manage the stock of finished product stored in the freezer to assure 'First In, First Out' usage.
- Assist with the stamping and staging of export product shipments.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Shipping Dock Area(inside and outside), Dry Storage area, Spice Storage Room, Finished Product Storage Freezer, and Raw Product Cooler.
- Responsible for the quality of work performed and for identifying and documenting quality problems for corrective action and prevention of non-conforming product.
Qualifications: Skills & Abilities:
- The job candidate must have a high school diploma, or its equivalent, a minimum of six months of forklift operation experience, with a clean operating record.
- The candidate must be dependable, detail-oriented, able to follow directions, able to work under minimal supervision, and able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- The candidate must be willing to work weekends and overtime hours.
- Application Review - Qualifying
- Oral Interview (Phone or web based) - Qualifying
- Background Investigation - Qualifying
Thank you for your interest in employment with Fair Oaks Foods!
Fair Oaks Foods is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.