This position is Remote. Candidates will be considered based on their qualifications and the candidate's ability to work from an approved work location. Although the location is flexible, AEP does not have a presence in all states and localities. The following locations are NOT currently approved for this position: AK, CO, CT, DE, HI, IA, ID, KS, MA, ME, MS, ND, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OR, RI, SD, UT, VT, WY, US Territories or international work locations. AEP will consider qualified candidates who are willing to relocate to an approved work location, at the candidate's expense, provided the relocation can be completed within a timeframe that meets AEP's staffing needs. NOTE: All remote work locations require vetting and final approval prior to offer and/or start date. Any work locations listed as preferred or unapproved relate specifically to the requirements for this position and are not necessarily applicable to other posted positions.
Key Words: Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Architecture, Cloud, AWS, Governance, and Architectural Reviews
As an experienced Solution Architect, you will be able to leverage your broad experience to help shape AEP's technology direction. You will consult with project teams, Technology leadership, and internal business partners to understand their current and emerging needs to ensure that they have the tools and guidance they need. This role will be part of the Enterprise Architecture team and provides an opportunity for an exceptional person to have a broader impact.
- Develop and maintain the technology roadmap for the assigned technical domain
- Collaborate with peers, leadership, and internal business partners to ensure that technology standards keep pace with business needs
- Work with peers and internal business partners to correctly apply technical and architectural standards
- Consult with project delivery teams on solution reviews
- As needed, work with Portfolio and Solution architects to document current-state architectures and develop enterprise-level technology roadmaps
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field is required.
Experience: 6 years of relevant work experience is required.
An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered.
Is self directed and dependable
Possesses ability to produce high quality work in a timely manner
Contributes to the development and unity of the teams
Brings strong technical decision making skills to the team
Physical demand level is Sedentary
- Cloud-AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Azure projects as the Lead Architect