We are looking for a seasoned consumer finance professional to be our next Branch Manager. If you are someone who is looking to build meaningful relationships by leading a collaborative team where goal achievement and providing superior customer service are of the utmost importance, then Mariner Finance is the organization for you. Apply to join our award-winning service team today!
Position: Branch Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: All Branch Personnel
Reports To: District Manager
In This Role, You Will:
Be responsible for leading a team, running a profitable operation, maintaining compliance and providing leadership in the branch. Specific responsibilities include consistently achieving annual growth goals, approving or denying loans consistent with credit authority, reducing loss rates in the branch, and ensuring compliance and implementation of policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
• Exercises lending authority when reviewing and approving applications and uses product knowledge in offering loan solutions that meet customer need.
• Manages the retention and maintenance of existing accounts, including lending and collecting, to achieve branch sales and delinquency targets/goals.
• Consistently and regularly coaches branch staff by providing actionable feedback in order to achieve branch goals, minimize turnover, and create a positive branch environment.
• Prepares and submits reports reflecting branch activity and growth as needed.
• Develops additional business by networking with local establishments, such as retail and automobile businesses, and building strong community relations.
• Implements internal branch auditing procedures, which properly control all negotiable items and company records held within the branch.
• Manages approval of exceptions to policy as authorized by management based on the nature of exception, retention needs, and related factors. Uses problem-solving skills to resolve product, service, and policy-related obstacles for customer.
• Exercises authority to ensure policies and procedures are met when monitoring/approving monthly expenses using annual business plan.
• Promptly investigates and thoroughly works to resolve customer and employee inquiries and complaints.
• Attracts high-quality and diverse talent, coordinates and interviews prospective candidates, and makes recommendations to management for vacancies.
• Participates in company meetings and professional development activities to keep abreast of current trends and changing environment to enhance competency.
• May perform additional functions depending on market demand and branch staffing in order to provide consistent quality customer service.
• Minimum of three (3) years of related experience in the Consumer Lending and/or Financial Services industry
• Two (2) years of successful supervisory experience, or recent successful (within past three (3) years) completion of a lending training program (e.g., Mariner's BMT program) or other closely aligned course of study. Additional, applicable years of experience may be substituted for supervisory experience.
• Bachelor's degree in a discipline such as Business, Accounting, Finance, Administration, Economics; or military rank (e.g., E-4, W1, or O1 and above). Additional, applicable years of experience may be substituted for degree.
• Reliable transportation required.
• Effective communication (written & oral) and personal computer skills.
• Ability to complete essential duties/functions in a timely, accurate manner.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills in demanding situations.
• Must obtain applicable, required licenses to sell insurance products that are offered to customers by the branch.
• Bilingual fluency in Spanish/English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; operate computer and phone systems; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to move about the branch. The employee is required to be physically present in the office. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Mariner Finance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, familial or caregiver status, citizenship status, status as a victim of domestic violence, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran. Employee must be able to perform the essential duties/functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions of their job, absent undue hardship. Drug/Alcohol/Smoke-free workplace.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time of without notice.
Compensation: Salary (commensurate with experience) + Competitive Incentive Program
Benefits: Health (optional HSA with Employer Contributions), Vision, Dental, Basic Life, PTO and 11 paid holidays, 401K + company match, Paid Parental Leave
Mariner Finance, LLC NMLS