Do you have a strong interest in capital markets from a macro-research viewpoint? Fisher Investment's Capital Markets Group supports the portfolio management team, helping position high-net-worth private clients and some of the world's preeminent institutions. We are now searching for finance and research-oriented professionals to join our team of Capital Markets Research Analysts.
Capital Markets Group creates top-down macroeconomic research for the Investment Policy Committee (IPC). As a Capital Markets Research Analyst, you will evaluate and communicate our views on markets, sectors, countries and investment styles to contribute to portfolio positioning. The ability to understand and connect with multiple audiences, collaborate across teams and manage complexity are critical to this position. Analysts are assigned sectors and regions. Over time, coverages rotate, allowing for increased breadth while on the team. Beyond supporting the IPC in formulating top down views, responsibilities include communicating outlook and positioning to internal and external audiences, including writing Fisher's MarketMinder articles, white papers and supporting us with client meetings and events.
You would report directly to Capital Markets Group Manager.
- Create empirical research concerning your sector, countries or region, and ESG themes and trends affecting financial markets
- Study and present current events in assigned coverage and produce research highlighting trends and cycles to better understand markets and improve portfolio positioning and performance
- Create externally facing content including white papers, MarketMinder articles and ESG related pieces
- Support high net worth & institutional relationship managers with client-facing content
- Represent firm in Institutional meetings and Private Client Group for client events across the country
- 3+ years of experience of research and analysis, with demonstrated data analysis skills and nimble learning
- Can manage complexity and thrive in an ambiguous, nuanced and often fast moving market environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with multiple audiences across multiple platforms, and a desire to support service and sales efforts
- Display dedication for improving and developing insightful new research and capital markets technology
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team - it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things - so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER