Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Cardiac Rehab Registered Nurse PRN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is a part of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Cardiac Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (RN) you will provide safe and effective care to a diverse group of outpatient cardiac patients. As a nurse in the Cardiac Rehab department, you will collaborate with Exercise Physiologists, Physicians and Allied Health Technicians.
You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient at the time of admission
You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly
2 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) with at least 1 year of experience working with cardiac patients
Experience working in a Telemetry Unit or Coronary Care Unit preferred
Experience caring for patients with coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass surgery and angina
Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
License and Certifications
Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David s Healthcare policy
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David s South Austin Medical Center , which is part of St. David s HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited... Please click HERE to view full job description.