Call for more information!
A position at White Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all DOT regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier and customer sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and hazardous materials.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc. Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery. Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery location.
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at customer's site.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and internal policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck as needed.
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking all incoming material.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Have a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the relevant endorsements required for type of equipment being operated (i.e. Hazardous Material to transport hazardous materials that require placarding).
- Two (2) years of commercial driving experience compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
If you're looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can't wait to meet you.
Functional Area Logistics
Recruiter Watkins, Anna
Req ID WCJR-008096
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Qualified candidates, call or click to apply below.