Clinical Team Coordinator- Medical Surgical TelemetryLocation:
Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule:
Days Work Type:
GWV Medical-Surgical Nursing DivisionDate Posted:
Job Summary Coordinates and supervises the delivery of nursing care and activities on assigned unit. Assists in developing, initiating, and supporting improvements, on the unit level, that facilitate the delivery of high quality, safe and cost-effective patient care. Responsible for ensuring that the highest level of care is provided, optimizing all customer interactions, to maximize patient satisfaction.
- Provides direct patient care along with providing direct supervision to assigned personnel, assists with orientation and integration of new employees.
- Conducts performance appraisals, monitors absenteeism, orders supplies, scheduling 24 hour staffing, patient and bed triage where appropriate.
- Assists with addressing performance problems initiating the disciplinary process as appropriate.
- Communicates pertinent information regarding patient care activities and operations to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the formulation of nursing policies and goals as well as policies affecting other departments.
- Communicates and interprets policies, procedures and regulations to patients, visitors and staff members, as required.
- Communicates significant issues on units to Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Assists Actively support Magnet philosophies such as a healthy work environment, professional growth and patient and family involvement in care decisions.
- Provides feedback to staff or managers for professional practice issues, facilitates and promotes evidence-based practices and research activities.
- Serves as a resource for unit issues, mentors staff, delegates actions as appropriate and creates an environment of participation.
- Ensures that staff meets regulatory requirements.
- Assures effective, efficient and cost-effective use of physical, financial and human resources.
- Assists with the prevention and resolution of patient and family concerns.
- Assists the operations manager in making patient focused service round on assigned unit.
- Follows up on incidents occurring on assigned unit.
- Assures proper documentation and follow-through.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Education Bachelor's Degree-Nursing (Required)
Experience Minimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s) Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.