Regal Rexnord Corporation, usually referred to as just Regal Rexnord, is a manufacturer of electric motors headquartered in Beloit, Wisconsin. The company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Asia, with about 29,000 employees.
The Machinist will set up, operate, and adjust various types of manual or automatic machines under minimal supervision.SALARY
$18-$26 per hour-commensurate with experience RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up, operate, and adjust various conventional or automatic machines such as Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) machines.
- Set up all tools, fixtures, and controls for each new job.
- Work from drawings and written instructions to create replacement and new parts in making repairs to metal parts as well as for experimental apparatus or prototype equipment.
- Read and modify programs by making necessary offsets for CNC machines.
- Report variations in program sequences, positioning, cycle time, etc.
- Adjust machine to control part dimensions.
- Inspect in-process pieces to ensure parts are to specification or blue prints.
- Edit and prove out programs to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Communicate internally with contacts outside the work group to exchange work related information.
- Perform activities planned by others.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with Rexnord policies, 5S procedures, and in line with Rexnord core values.
- Stay safe, follow all safety requirements, participate in Safety 5Y's, training, etc.
- Make quality parts, help create SOP's & WI's, participate in Quality 5Y's, ensure your own ISO compliance, etc. Utilize all necessary documents and measuring devices to make acceptable product.
- Participate in shift start meetings, utilize Visual Daily Management and use VDM board(s) to show progress and setbacks, complete paperwork, etc.
- Utilize the CNC Hobber and experience on the VTC is a plus. Utilize drawings and work with engineering to produce acceptable product. Work with engineering to modify programs and procedures to ensure continued production of acceptable product.
- Champion and deploy RBS methods in your cell.
- Train others quickly and efficiently when required.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of CNC machine operating experience
- Experience machining metals or gearing required
- Experience with any of the following machines a plus - hobbing, milling, grinding or Mazak Control
- Knowledge of various metals and of measurements used in machining processes
- Accurately read and comprehend moderately complex material such as blue prints, work instructions, ISO procedures, etc.
- High School or GED