Purpose of Job
We are seeking an experienced Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst Lead (Chief Financial Office), to work a hybrid schedule from one of our regional offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO, or Charlotte, NC facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and the employee's manager. Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO or Charlotte, NC.
As a member of the second line of defense, leads all aspects of the execution of independent testing under the Enterprise Testing program methodology to ensure departmental processes and activities align with applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. The incumbent will compile and retain well documented work papers to create accurate and concise written reports including issues, root cause and recommended corrective action.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Develops the steps needed to test and/or analyze compliance with complex policies/procedures and laws/regulations.
- Serves as a subject matter authority in a specific subject/business area and provides guidance to team members on complex issues.
- Leads and manages a grouping of tests to ensure operational risks and compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Reviews and implements, as needed, work papers to support conclusions of test findings.
- Provides input on allocation of resources to complete testing activities.
- Performs complex qualitative analysis of data.
- May develop executive briefs and present to key internal and external partners.
- Builds, develops, and maintains relationships with the business and internal control partners (Audit, Risk & Compliance, Legal) to facilitate collaboration between all lines of defense for testing.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (12 years of experience total in lieu of the degree).
- 8 or more years of relevant experience in (internal/external audit, operational risk/compliance testing, and quality assurance).
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying federal and state laws and regulations and guidance or operational risk principles/concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of testing techniques and data analysis principles, as well as the ability to interpret subsequent results.
- Shown ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 8 or more years of relevant experience within a banking, insurance, or other financial services industry.
- 8 or more years of proven experience with independently testing for compliance and/or operational risks, internal/external auditing, Big 4 Accounting firm, or as a federal/state examiner of the roles/responsibilities of the CFO functional area.
- Expert knowledge in building, testing, and evaluating the adequacy of internal control design and operating effectiveness, preferably with Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, Bank Call Report, Regulation W, Treasury/Money Movement, CECL, Capital/Liquidity Planning, or Stress Testing.
- Demonstrated experience with the execution of Second Line of Defense compliance and/or operational risk testing, including compliance risk management principles.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Risk Management, or related field of study.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation(s).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800-$192,300.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning, and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.