- Commercial/Industrial Super role with one of Michigan s most reputable GCs
- $70,000-$110,000, vehicle allowance, high growth potential, and top benefits
About Our Client
As a national Design-Build construction firm, our client is committed to supporting our Clients with solutions for their facility needs in a variety of specialized markets, wherever those needs may be.
Our client is an expert at providing customized solutions ranging from individual, one-of-a-kind projects to national rollout programs consisting of prototypical facilities delivered simultaneously in multiple states.
Our client is your single source for the conceptualization, development, design, and construction of facilities. Due to a high level of growth they are looking to add a Construction Jr. Superintendent to their leadership team.
The key responsiblities of the Construction Jr. Superintendent are:
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Record information, such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Construction Jr. Superintendentcandidate will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or a related field preferred but not required
- Design-Build Project Experience a plus
- Commercial or light industrial construction experience requiped
- Warehouses and distribution center construction experienece preferred
- The ability to oversee a project $10M+
- Ability to evaluate technical drawings such as blueprints, proposals, etc.
- Individual with leadership qualities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years minimum experience as a Construction Superintendent
What's on Offer
On offer for the Construction Jr. Superintendentcandidate is:
- Competitive base salary ranging from $70,000 - $110,000 base salary depending on applicant experience
- Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
- Industry leading company offering excellent stability and pipeline of projects
- Opportunity for growth into senior level positions
- Company Vehicle or car allowance
- Gas Card
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 4 weeks PTO + 11 paid company holidays
- Growth path to director level roles available for growth-minded employees