In your role as a Chef at HC-One, you will be managing the kitchen team to cook and serve nutritious, healthy meals that our Residents will love. You'll provide great choice, considering cultural preferences and special dietary requirements. Managing the kitchen supplies, you will also be responsible for checking and maintaining kitchen equipment. You will complete all necessary paperwork such as COSHH, HACPP, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures. Occasionally, you will help cater for ad hoc special events. These may include 100th birthday celebrations, summer BBQ's and Christmas parties. Whether you're managing the food stock, working out how to make the most of your budget, or liaising with central support teams on nutrition standards compliance - you'll always have Resident wellbeing in mind above anything else.
HC-One are looking for a Chef with an S/NVQ2 in Catering & Hospitality or Professional Cookery, a minimum Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate and an understanding of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points.
Beyond that, it's all about your brilliant, positive energy and natural ability to get along with people. You'll be organised to meet service times, thrive on autonomy to plan and prioritise and have a knack for following recipes perfectly. You will be passionate about food and understand the importance of good quality, home cooking to our Residents. And, whenever you communicate with a Resident or co-worker, you'll be truly considerate and kind.
Well, after all, it's just in your nature.
We'll provide full training, so it's a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career as a Chef HC-One will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Free uniform
- Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG
- Hourly rate is subject to experience and qualifications.
- During a shift of eight hours or more a nutritious meal will be available
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Group life assurance cover
- Award-winning learning and development and support to achieve qualifications.
- GP online - a service providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app - available to you and your children under 16
- An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
- Colleague discounts - Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Wellbeing - free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- Excellent recognition schemes such as 'Kindness in Care' and Long Service Awards
- An attractive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 per referral, depending on the role
We are committed to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one.