Leidos is seeking a Mid Cyber Security Specialist to support efforts for SMIT; overseeing team development and equipment assessments to ensure operational readiness for execution. SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of SMIT, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The candidate will serve as a Cyber Security specialist; serving as a key team member, supporting the Project Manager. The Mid Cyber Security Specialist should have experience supporting a broad-range of programs with increasing responsibility in overall information assurance and cyber security support; inclusive of security configuration and management services, data protection, anti-virus, malware detection and protection, host-based and endpoint security solutions, and audit and accountability services.
- Operate all aspects of Information Systems (IS) data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.
- Implement and monitor security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and Governmental requirements for security on these systems.
- Develop and execute Government approved security policies, plans, and procedures; implement data network security measures; operate and monitor network intrusion detection and forensic systems; conduct IS security incident handling; support Continuity of Operations Plan/Disaster Recovery (COOP/DR) plans, and perform certification of IS and networks.
- Perform other information security duties including operation of Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) and maintenance of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Operate Host Based Security System (HBSS), firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), other point of presence security tools, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and related security operations.
- Perform defensive cyber operation duties including, but not limited to, ensuring workstation and server compliancy with Marine Corps McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS) requirements; identifying cybersecurity incidents using HBSS, Tenable SecurityCenter, RedSeal, McAfee Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM), and other automated tools; operating Imperva Web Application and Database firewalls; performing forensics and remedial action on cybersecurity incidents; and reporting defensive cyber operations statistics.
- BS Degree with a minimum of 2 years experience across a broad-range of programs with increasing responsibility in overall information assurance and cyber security.
- Must be a US Citizen
- DOD Secret Clearance, clearable to TS/SCI
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certification
- Flexibility to work independently, with vendors, or in teams, sometimes across geographic regions and members with varying information security abilities
- Working knowledge of DoD networking and IA policies and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of NIST Information Technology Security Special Publications (SP) 800 series, with emphasis NIST SP 800-30, NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53a, NIST SP 800-61, NIST 800-171, DHS 4300A, CBP Handbook 1400-05D
- Experience working with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience operating, maintaining and administrating the following:
- network access control services
- endpoint security detection and response services and solutions
- host-based security detection and response services and solutions
- data protection mechanisms using at rest and in flight management technologies
- intrusion management services
- Experience operating and maintaining
- Tenable Security Center
- McAfee Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM)
- Experience conducting vulnerability compliance scanning and conducting assured compliance assessment
- Experience providing security and information event management services.
- Experience providing problem resolution and subject matter expertise in security investigation best practices
- Certified Ethical Hacker certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.