Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Responsible for planning, directing, and administering of all warehouse operations to include: (1) overseeing the put to club, storage, pallet operation, receiving, crossdock, shipping, and all other general operations of the warehouse while providing timely throughput of all merchandise; (2) maintaining proper staffing levels to achieve 100% asset integrity on all outbound shipments; (3) addressing all product related issues impeding operations; (4) monitoring safety & loss prevention practices, ensuring policies adherence; (5) reviewing equipment needs to enhance productivity, while evaluating cost effectiveness; and (6) reviewing changes in distribution philosophies to increase operational efficiencies and strive for continuous improvement, while planning strategically for the future of the business.
- Manage the daily activities of put to club, storage, pallet sortation and global sales operations. Ensure proper handling techniques are used to prevent product damage and shrink. Minimize payroll by partnering with other managers to ensure optimum utilization of the work force to optimize productivity and realize continuous improvement.
- Maintain asset integrity through enforcement of all procedures and policies. Ensure 100% accountability, through timely investigation of discrepancies and follow-up training on all errors. Assist Loss Prevention and Quality Control departments with research and recovery efforts.
- Ensure 100% safety and security compliance through participation in the development of safety programs, raising awareness and reducing accidents/incidents.
- Cultivate relationships with outside vendors and home office partners to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Reinforce performance management skills with direct reports. Encourage the development and coaching of team members to achieve performance goals and objectives. Enforce proper communication between management and team members to foster a safe working environment.
- Review changes in distribution philosophies to increase operational efficiencies and strive for continuous improvement, while planning strategically for the future of the business.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Management.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a distribution environment