The Registered Dietician team member assists with nursing the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for the nutrition assessments of our residents and monitoring their progress, keeping organized and cohesive documentation and conducting routine audits related to nutrition and food services.
Join Our Team: Are you ready to change your life with a rewarding career move ? Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Discounted employee meals, Dramatically Increased Wages!, Employee of the Month recognition, Free Hot and Iced Coffee, Free meal each shift!, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Increased Wages, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Strong leadership, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care, Tuition reimbursement program Responsibilities:
- Completes nutrition assessments for the adult/geriatric population in a long term care and sub-acute rehabilitation setting in accordance with Elderwood policies and standards of care.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and appropriately documents individualized nutrition care plans based on current best practices.
- Provides nutrition counseling/education for residents and their family members.
- Maintains resident nutrition information in the computer system.
- Conducts routine audits and monitors performance improvement initiatives related to nutrition and food service.
- Attends, and actively participates in, resident care plan meetings, staff meetings, required in-service programs, and other meetings/programs deemed appropriate by the Administrator or Director of Nutritional Services.
- Maintains a working knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding nutritional services in the long term care setting.
- Serves as a nutrition consultant for the Administrator, Diet Technician, Food Service Director, Dietary Supervisor, and multidisciplinary medical team.
- Acts as a preceptor for Dietetic students and interns and as a supervisor/mentor to the Diet Technician(s).
- Conducts in-service programs for dietary and facility staff upon request.
- Assists the Food Service Director and/or Dietary Supervisor with department oversight on an as-needed basis.
- Support and abide by Elderwood's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Must abide by Elderwood's businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
- Adheres to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Code of Conduct and Professional Standards.
Base wages increase with experience!
From: USD $22.40/Hr. Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Nutrition/Dietetics from an accredited educational program.
- Successful completion of an internship or equivalent clinical management practice which would qualify for Professional Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Active and on-going Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Active membership in The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics preferred.
- Certified Dietitian - Nutritionist (CDN) with The New York State Department of Education or Licensure in the state of employment (or to be obtained within one year from date of hire).
- Long term care experience prefered.
- Computer skills and knowledge in nutritional software programs preferred.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.