Incumbent will primarily ensure effective and safe functioning of Delphon facilities in Hayward, and secondary facility and safety support to the Wilsonville, OR facilities. This includes the maintenance and replacement of manufacturing equipment as well as limited HVAC, electrical and plumbing issues. Incumbent also oversees all employee safety, inclusive of training, PPE and workers' compensation using best practices (maintenance and safety) to manage resources, services, and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Manages activities of workers engaged in operating and maintaining facilities and facilities supply equipment.
- Completes regularly scheduled rounds to inspect the facility for safety and maintenance concerns and complete the required checklists. Resolve any issues.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service, equipment required, and maintenance personnel needed.
- Coordinates repair and renovation, or bids for work from outside contractors. Will prepare construction specifications, assemble contract bids, and prepare recommendations for management.
- Manages outside contractors such as janitorial, HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes. Main interface with all environmental, hazardous material management, and health & safety contractors, as well as County and City governmental agencies.
- Ensures proper security protocols for both facilities and employee security, coordinating with 3rd party security services and system vendors.
- Coordinates with Human Resources staff to ensure required employee (new and existing) safety training schedules are kept current and recorded. Perform and/or schedule training, as necessary.
- Performs and/or schedules preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment as required by ISO procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining permits, hazardous materials business plan, evacuation route maps, and SDS data; perform required periodic review to ensure information is up to date.
- Develops and conducts employees training on evacuation routes and muster areas. Validate this training by conducting fire/evacuation drills at intervals mandated by law. Evaluate success of drills and re-train, as necessary.
- Travels to Wilsonville facility to inspect and support that facility (3-4 times annually).
- Performs other duties or responsibilities assigned over the course of employment.
Supervising, scheduling, assigning, monitoring, and evaluating work of assigned staff are responsibilities for supervisory positions.
- Maintenance personnel
- Janitorial personnel
- Collaborates with management on budgeting and expense management for facilities-related items.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in facilities management in a manufacturing environment required.
- Certification (eg, CFM, FMP) in facilities management, desired.
- High School diploma required, Bachelors or related formal education in business or facilities management, preferred.
- Experience with OSHA and other environmental regulations, in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with ISO regulations.
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management.
- Exercises independent judgment and makes decisions with some existing guidelines.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and customer-focused (internal and external) as well as being a self-starter under minimal supervision.
- Proficient with a hands-on working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to drive company-owned and insured vehicles and forklift, once certified to do so.
- Maintain 1) reliable and safe transportation for business-related travel, 2) valid State-issued driver's license, 3) proper vehicle registration, and 4) State-required minimum automobile insurance coverage requirement.