We are currently supporting our client to source a Financial Accountant to join their busy Global Finance Team
The opportunity will allow the successful candidate to develop and grow within this area of financial accounting.
The main purpose of the role is to provide clear direction and focus for all accounting activities in the UK.
Our client is looking for a person who has the desire the make improvements, harmonise systems and processes within the Record to Report Team
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for delivering all financial and statutory accounting and reporting, financial control, budgeting and planning, tax, and regulatory compliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate production of all financial and statutory accounting, reporting, tax, and compliance requirements.
- Completing all accounting and reporting requirements during the monthly/quarterly/annual close periods and ensure completeness of all financial, statutory and group accounting and reporting whilst ensuring compliance with accounting principles/standards and relevant regulations.
- Timely and accurate account reconciliations of Balance Sheet control accounts supporting the financial accounting process and Balance Sheet management.
- Work closely with the AP and AR teams to ensure sub-ledgers are closed and accurate for P&L and Balance Sheet reporting purposes.
- Compiling and providing financial analysis and variance analysis.
- Supporting the Budget and Forecasting process
- Manage the internal and external audits
- Actively promote the sharing of new ideas and best practice across all areas.
- Build and maintain relationships with the respective Finance Partners and Directors to ensure effective delivery of aligned Finance business processes.
- Assist in controlling operational planning by setting priorities and contents in close consultation with the responsible managers across the divisions.
- Act as a point of escalation for Finance business leaders and ensure timely remediation of issues.
- Supervise Assistant Accountants, ensuring day to day support and organising priorities according to business timelines.
Ideal Qualifications and Attributes.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ideally a recognised Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Elevated level of commitment and flexibility, poise, communication, and teamwork skills
- Ability to interact with all levels, influence senior managers and be equally comfortable with senior management in cross-functional efforts.
- Broad, creative, and innovating thinking and the ability to gather extensive amounts of information and synthesize into concise reports and presentations.
- Must possess "soft skills": conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills.
- Strong financial, IT and analytical skills with an operational focus
- Proven track record of driving innovation and leading on organisational changes.