HEAT TREATMENT MANAGER
Addison, IL SALARY RANGE
$85k-110k commensurate with experience - willing to consider canidates above the range for senior level experienceCOMPANY
Overton Chicago Gear is ISO9001 registered. Coordinate Measuring Machine systems and tight process control procedures assure premium quality and on-time delivery. We offer a wide array of computer-controlled machining, heat treatment and engineering services. JOB SUMMARY
The Heat Treatment Manager will manage, supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in hardening, tempering, annealing, and other heat-treating processes to condition metal work pieces and products, applying knowledge of heat-treating processes and properties and structure of materials.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise metallurgical analysis on metal samples. Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Maintains and expands outside customer base for Heat Treating services. Build and maintain rapport with key internal and external customers.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment. Remove waste and constraints from the production processes to improve efficiencies, enhance productivity and to attain established goals.
- Work closely with the Environmental Health and Safety to ensure that all areas concerning safety are in compliance with Federal, State, and company standards, and to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in heat treating
- Lead or supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of best practices implementing and using continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean manufacturing, etc. to drive improvement
- Lean Certified a plus
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio)
- Understanding of business metrics and experience in the development of KPI's
- Ability to travel up to 30% both domestically and internationally; valid driver's license