Hematology/Oncology opening in Jackson, Tennessee. Hematology/Oncology - Medical Director for Cancer Center Opportunity - Jackson, TN (Between Nashville & Memphis) Negotiable to Support J1 & H1 Visa Candidates
A visionary physician leader to direct a comprehensive cancer center in collaboration with the center s executive director is needed to position a well-established comprehensive community cancer center into the next generation of cancer clinical care, community engagement and improved population health and community cancer research. The Medical Director will join the oncology clinical staff of the Kirkland Cancer Center and its owner, Jackson-Madison County General Hospital to continue to strengthen the oncology service line and maintain relationships with medical staff engaged in the diagnosis and the collaboration in the treatment of cancer.
The successful Medical Director will be immersed in the knowledge of oncology diagnoses and treatment and will be expected to drive the strategic growth plan in the areas of cancer research, community engagement, unifying the vision for the cancer center and strengthening the center s financial sustainability.
While no one candidate will embody them all, the successful candidate will comprise many of the following professional qualifications, skills, experience and personal qualities:
- A MD/DO, board certified in a relevant field of oncology and meeting requirements for appointment as a member of the Jackson-Madison County General Hospital medical staff
- Oncology practice experience with administrative leadership preferred.
- The vision and ability to lead the successful implementation of the center s strategic plan.
- Clinical expertise in oncology current standard of care, NCCN guidelines
- A track record of participating and leading cancer research and treatment, knowledge of the role of a research principal investigator and regulatory guidelines for participation in pharma/cooperative group research activities
- A track record of supporting collaboration across departments or divisions in the healthcare system and unifying stakeholders around the shared vision
- Successful experience in mentoring new clinical providers and developing talent
- Deep commitment to the development and maintenance of a professional environment that supports equity and diversity; proven financial management skills; the ability to advocate on behalf of the financial needs of the service line
- A collaborative and communicative leadership style, outstanding interpersonal skills, integrity, warmth, good humor and a high level of energy.
Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you have interest in this opportunity and I will facilitate getting you additional information.
Director of Recruiting Click Here to Apply
Click Here to Apply