Our Business Services Team (BST) is a collective of creative, strategic, forward-thinking business enablers. Together the People & Culture, Marketing & Communications, IT, Operations, Finance and Quality & Risk Management teams make it their mission to ensure Mazars has the right tools, technology, strategies and services in place to deliver exceptional client service and future-proof our growing business. Job Purpose
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will have the opportunity to drive forward the Mazars strategy by providing assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls in place to mitigate key business risks and priorities, as well as, assessing our compliance with regulations.
This internal facing role will principally involve working with the Head of Internal Audit, Internal Audit Manager, service lines and different functions across the BST. This will include determining key risks for auditable areas through initial research and scoping meeting with auditees, identifying and evaluating controls in place and making recommendations to address gaps or weaknesses. You will also be responsible for supervising the Internal Auditor and represent the Internal Audit function at stakeholder meetings.
As an evolving function within Mazars UK, you will also have the opportunity to play a key role to shape, develop and implement methodologies, whilst contributing to the overall Quality and Risk objectives of the firm.
You will report to the Internal Audit Manager. They in turn report to the Head of Internal Audit who reports to the Mazars Audit and Risk Committee. Role & Responsibilities
The role will principally involve following the Internal Audit Manual and working papers to deliver risk based internal audits including:
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Performance of internal audit fieldwork including closing meetings with the management team;
- Preparation of draft internal audit reports;
- Maintaining good relationships with auditees;
- Assistance on other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as and when required;
- Providing on-the-job training and supervision of junior team members;
- Controlling assignments from planning through to preparation of draft reports in line with agreed timescales;
- Building strong working relationships with the auditees, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
- Responding to the needs of the auditees and team members;
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team;
- Providing constructive feedback for the completion of team member performance appraisals;
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Audit Manual;
- Represent Internal Audit at stakeholder meetings as required and in the absence of the Internal Audit Manager; and
- Facilitate the Internal Audit annual planning process.
Inclusion and Diversity
- Experience of working as internal auditor or within a compliance environment;
- Relevant Qualifications are preferred, but not essential, such as IIA, ACA, ACCA;
- Good understanding of technical issues in the risk assurance sector;
- Awareness of the concept of risks management;
- Experience of managing, training and coaching others;
- Ability to provide practical and value for money solutions to problems;
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent written and interviewing / verbal communication skills;
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations;
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies;
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge;
- Ability to manipulate and interrogate data using excel; and
- Begins to develop a network of contacts across Mazars.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business. We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.