About the opportunity...
We are looking for a Junior Garment Technologist to join our busy Technical Team, working for Pep&co specialising in Kidswear.
Based at our head office in Watford, you will be responsible for ensuring the designated product ranges are delivered on time and that the quality is fit for purpose and in line with the brand specification.
You will also support the Technical Manager and team to deliver the department quality and work closely with the product and design teams to provide a commercial range that maximises sales and profit opportunities.
The flexible role allows you to work remotely twice a week and three days in the office. The role will also include store and factory, Distribution Centre (DC) visits in the UK and overseas. What you'll be doing...
As a Junior Garment Technologist, you will be responsible for:
What you'll need...
- Checking the fit and quality of multiproduct garments, working closely with suppliers, design and buying team
- Identifying product risk at signoff and working with buyer and supplier to mitigate quality risks
- To conduct garment fitting meetings and liaise with factories regarding adjustments
- Working with suppliers in the UK and overseas to ensure they understand our quality and technical requirements, making sure all products are fit for purpose and are legal and ethically sourced
- Working with the design in product engineering to create cost-conscious designs in line with our sustainability vision
- Supporting sustainability projects in line with the business sustainability strategy
To be successful, you will need:
What we can offer...
- Experience Junior Garment Technologist with at least three years of experience working in Kidswear
- Experience working across several disciplines, including garment and preferably fabric technology and a sufficiently wide range of product knowledge in clothing
- Degree in fashion design or equivalent
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Sound knowledge of pattern cutting
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel
- Be articulate, accustomed to working to timescales with the ability to plan and organise your workload
- To understand UK safety regulations and European directives, especially in Kidswear
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn bonus
- Onsite coffee lounge
- Sample sales
Since opening our first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day!
Poundland offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. We are now on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, you will see Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of our larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a stand-alone brand, offers customers a full range of women's, men's and kids' fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that's hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.
If this sounds like you and you can make a real difference, apply today!