Pronto Insurance is one of the fastest growing general agencies in South Texas. Our first agency was founded in 1997 and the managing general agency operations commenced in 2005. Pronto has emerged in the insurance market through its captive agencies, independent agents, and franchise locations. Today Pronto has over 180 captive locations in Texas and recent expansion into California and Florida markets. Our vision is to become the industry leader by making Pronto Insurance products a reality for all. With this tremendous growth there is an opportunity for an experienced professional to help ensure Pronto's continued success.
JOB DESCRIPTION: CLAIMS LIABILITY ADJUSTER
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle auto claims, in accordance with Texas Tort Law, in an assigned area to include verification of coverage, legal liability and extent of damage to persons, and property, which may require contact by telephone, correspondence or in person.
- May require the preparation of written or computerized estimates in loss settlement.
- Handle a high volume of claims in a virtual or centralized call center environment.
- Ensure integrity of investigations by developing accurate and relevant investigation material and data acquisition.
- Ensure that all compliance requirements for claims handling correspondence are met in a timely and professional manner.
- Resolve a large volume of claim calls and maintain claim handling policies and practices.
- Issue payments as per discretionary settlement authority limits.
- Adjust reserves properly and understand their impact on a claim
- Issue payments within authority and request more as needed
- Protect lienholders as needed
- Handle claims in a timely manner and in accordance with Texas compliance rules
- Set-up and review estimates
- Refer files to SIU as needed
- Send Reservation of Rights letters as needed
- Handle PD liability claims if they only involve stationary objects
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Criminal Justice or equivalent work experience. (1-2 years of work experience per year of college education).
- Working knowledge of relevant statutes, case law and regulations relating to insurance.
- Current Adjuster License in Texas and other states (Candidate must otherwise be able to obtain a Texas Adjuster License)
- Coordinates with outside sources to obtain information to aid in claim resolution
- Recommends appropriate resolution of coverage issues to management
- Uses in-depth knowledge of medical and liability issues to handle claims within authority
- Exhibits a high level of skill and knowledge for claims requiring specialized handling including identifying issues that may require the use of independent experts or vendors
- Applies knowledge of policies and procedures when determining coverage and concluding claims
- Proficient in computer window-based programs with excellent navigation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, high volume call center environment
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Pronto Insurance offers our Full Time Employees the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations & Paid Holidays