Join Our Team: Make a difference in the lives of incredible children. Join our team today! Employee Perks!: Dramatically Increased Wages! Overview:
Pediatric Specialty Care in Point Pleasant, PA (Bucks County) is seeking dedicated and compassionate Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) for Full Time, Part Time, & Per Diem Opportunities.
Pediatric Specialty Care Overview:
- At Pediatric Specialty Care, we are dedicated to providing the best possible long term, short term and transitional care available for technology-dependent and medically fragile infants, children and young adults. Pediatric Specialty Care is dedicated to meeting the unique needs of medically complex and technology dependent individuals ranging from birth to 21 years of age. Our goal is to enable children with special needs to realize their fullest potential in a nurturing and supportive environment. It is evident to our residents and their families that whether we are helping to transition a child back to their family's home or celebrating a resident's small, yet miraculous achievement, we are deeply committed to their physical, psychological and spiritual well-being every step of the way.
LPN Shift Options (12-hour shifts):
- Day Shift (6:45am-7:15pm)
- Night Shift (6:45pm-7:15am)
LPN Status Options Defined:
- Full-time: 3-12 hour shifts per week, every other weekend availability, running on a 4-week rotation schedule, Benefit eligible. Sign-on Bonus of $7,000.00
- Part-time: 2- 12 hour shifts per week, every other weekend availability, running on a 4-week rotation schedule, Benefit eligible. Sign-on Bonus of $3,500.00
- Or 1-12 hour shift per week, every other weekend availability, not benefit eligible.
- Per Diem requirements: The hourly requirements are a minimum of two (2) shifts per month to include at least one (1) weekend shift and a minimum of two of the six designated holidays at facility discretion, not benefit eligible.
PSC Benefits to Explore (even part-timers qualify if minimum hours are met!):
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401K with Employer Matching
- PTO & Holiday Pay
- Next Generation Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Shift Differentials
Pediatric Specialty Care in Point Pleasant, PA is located at: 90 Cafferty Road, Point Pleasant, PA 18950 . Apply to our LPN positions today!
Essential Job Functions for an LPN
- Actively participates in the planning and delivery of care to all assigned individuals. The LPN is fully responsible for all actions as a licensed professional and is accountable to individuals for the quality of care delivered.
- Performs patient care using the fundamentals of the nursing process
- Follows established policies and procedures of the facility
- Accepts a written or verbal order from an authorized practitioner
- Assists in individual's admission, discharge and transfer as warranted by LPN scope of practice; ensures the initial admission assessment is completed by RN
- Ensures there is an adequate report given associated with assigned individuals
- Educates individuals and families as needed
- Responsible for accurate assessment, evaluation and reporting of individual's symptoms as needed
- Monitors individual care standards and assures rights of individuals are respected
- Assists the Nurse Technician (NT) with direct care of individuals as needed
- Observes and evaluates the performance of Nurse Technicians and provides direct constructive feedback as needed
- Appropriately delegates direct / indirect care activities to NTs
- Ensures that NTs complete all assignments, promptly report changes in individual conditions, appropriately perform required documentation and comply with all established policies and procedures of the facility and the Nursing Department
- Implements emergency procedures in a correct and efficient manner.
- Administers medications and treatments to assigned individuals as ordered by the physician. The 5 rights of medication administration will be utilized as appropriate.
- Identifies allergies prior to medication administration
- Ensures proper storage of medication
- Questions any order that is unclear, contraindicated and perceived as unsafe; obtains clarification via the ordering physician, when indicated
- Administers immunizing agents and skin testing as ordered
- Records all medication administration in the MAR
- Initiates and maintains IV therapy and IV fluids which includes:
- Adjustment of infusion rate
- Administration of IV medications and fluids including those administered via patient-controlled administration system
- The LPN may administer medications via IV push only in the setting of maintaining patency of IV access device
- Observation of the insertion site and performance of insertion site care (including dressing changes)
- Discontinuation of an IV medication or IV fluid with physician order
- Administration, maintenance and discontinuation of total parenteral nutrition and fat emulsion
- Collection of blood sample via an IV access device, excluding implantable venous access devices
- Performs and promotes timely and accurate documentation.
- Assists in performing accurate thorough and timely completion of nursing admission evaluations and re-evaluations of individual care needs in accordance with Nursing Department standards of practice.
- Documents as required in care plans, nursing notes, medical administration records, treatment records and other necessary records.
- Provides evaluation of needs of individual care planning information as necessary and as requested nurses and other health care disciplines; completes individual education in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs all position duties according to safety rules and standards of practice required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, individuals and visitors of the facility.
- Reports to the Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, RN Supervisor and/or licensed professional any unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs and progress of individuals.
- Contacts MD/NP/PA for orders or updates according to individual's response to treatment plan and/or situation and updates family members as needed.
- Participates in Change-of-Shift Report and is responsible for bringing nursing personnel of next shift up to date regarding the care and needs of individuals.
- Communicates with RN and the individual's health care team members to seek guidance when the individual's care needs exceed LPN scope of practice or if individual's condition deteriorates or individual needs immediate assistance.
- Attends and participates in orientation and in-service training prior to performing tasks that are new or that the RN does not feel competent performing.
- Attends and participates in continuing education programs designed to keep staff abreast of changes in the profession, changes in company policies/procedures, and completion of all annual mandatory education. Encourages and participates in the ongoing education and professional development of NTs.
- Serves as a role model and represents the organization in a manner that conveys professionalism, appearance, confidentiality, courtesy, conduct, honesty, fairness, personal integrity and a respect for the fundamental rights, dignity, personal comfort and privacy of others.
- Participates in quality improvement, clinical and safety programs upon request.
- Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
- Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
- Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
- Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
- Supports and abides by Pediatric Specialty Care's Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Abides by Pediatric Specialty Care's businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently or part of a group
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Displays patience, empathy and passion for working with children
- Ability to be flexible and interact with a variety of developmental levels
- Ability to handle confidential information with professional discretion
From: USD $27.60/Hr. Qualifications:
Educational Requirements and Qualifications for LPN
Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse with a current state license in good standing for the state in which work is performed
Valid, current BLS/CPR and First Aid certification
Must be at last 21 years of age
Training and work experience in a pediatric setting preferred
Meets the qualifications of a Child Care Supervisor as described in 55 Pa. Code Chapter 3800
Pediatric Specialty Care expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.