The GetGo Assistant Store Leader is a key player in keeping the store team running like clockwork, because our customers' clocks are ticking. The Team Member in this role will coach, supervise, and lead the team in addition to, and often on behalf of, the Store Leader. The Assistant Store Leader is a developmental role in that this leader is being developed to run his/her own store, and will be learning, performing, and mastering the functions and responsibilities of Team Members and Leadership within the building. When the Assistant Store Leader will play a vital role as it relates to growing sales, executing merchandising plans, providing excellent customer service, controlling costs, and continuously improving processes.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Age Requirement: At least 21 years of age
Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members' productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, customers, and products.
- Coach the team so everyone can help drive incredible store success. Hold the team accountable to exceptional product quality, service, store conditions and cleanliness.
- Hold yourself accountable to the highest operational standards.
- Support Store Leadership decisions through coaching and collaborative action planning with front-line leadership and Team Members in order to meet or exceed key performance metric targets/projections.
- Execute merchandising plans timely and completely, and build upon the prescribed plans to achieve maximum sales and minimal shrink.
- Recognize business trends and opportunities within the store, market and organization, and proactively manage inventory levels to increase sales, control costs, and reduce waste.
- Collaborate with Store Leadership to support the allocation of resources, and prioritize work through effective scheduling, managing of labor and productivity, and delegation of tasks and responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Store Leadership to assess staffing levels and hiring needs within the store. Participate in applicant review, conducting interviews and completing the hiring and on-boarding process.
- Promote ongoing professional development of all Team Members and front-line leaders through the talent management processes (development plans, career pathing discussions, and special projects). Apply a philosophy of "finding and developing my own replacement".
- Provide continuous support and coaching to Team Members and front-line leaders related to a safety, sales, service and performance culture. Utilize recognition to maintain successful performance. Model core values and possess skills for success. Inspire others through passion, integrity and a dedication to the business.
- Provide appropriate training for Team Members and front-line leaders, and validate all are trained to perform their jobs safely and effectively with Customer Service being a priority.
- Adhere to and follow up on work designs for Team Members and front-line leadership tasks and responsibilities, and utilize problem solving techniques to make performance improvements within the store.
- Ensure conditions throughout the store meet or exceed all internal and external standards, compliance, and regulations. Responsible for continuous assessment of standards, compliance, and regulations, and communicating any deficiencies immediately to supervision.
GetGo takes a refreshing approach to the traditional convenience store experience. We are redefining the culinary expectations of a gas station in a way that's fun, fearless and flavorful. Every day our 260+ locations throughout western Pennsylvania, Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana help countless guests get where they're going with the perfect mix of fuel, food and convenience. Our diverse team strives to help each and every employee get where they're growing with dynamic career paths, competitive pay and solid training. We have a variety of part-time and full-time positions open right now. So we encourage you to get going.