Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Nurse Extern PRN Float Pool you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Nurse Extern PRN Float Pool where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Nurse Extern, you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. You will work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse in assisting with the implementation of nursing plans. In order to qualify as a Nurse Extern, you will be currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of Nursing.
- You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, blood glucose levels, input and output levels and calorie counts
- You will give personal care including bathing, grooming, feeding, changing, etc.
- You will document and report observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence
- You will assist with patient mobility by regular turning, positioning and ambulating patients
- You will provide or assist with non-medicated support care, collection of specimens for diagnostic testing, and preparation of patient for surgery or other procedure
- You will assist with transfers of patients to and from other units/departments and with discharges
- Volunteer or experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred
- Age specific knowledge of patient population in the specific department preferred
- Currently enrolled and in good standing with an accredited school of Nursing
- Successful completion of the basic fundamental nursing courses and the ability to perform the fundamental skills learned in the 1st semester of nursing school
- Must have signed nursing school initial skills checklist and verification of appropriate competencies.
- Must complete nursing school within 2 years of hire or will lose eligibility to remain in the Nurse Extern status
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross - required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David s South Austin Medical Center , which is part of St. David s HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area s o... Please click HERE to view full job description.