This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Operator, Fill is an Hourly Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by inspecting, printing, filling and sealing flexible containers which hold IV therapies, premixed drugs, renal therapies and other sterile solutions.
Essential Job Duties
Duties performed on a rotational basis
- Fill, assemble and plug flexible containers with solutions or premixed drugs at a rate consistent with production needs
- Print labeling and bar code information on the flexible containers using a computerized printer
- Maintain the printer by replacing printer foil, ribbon and by making minor adjustments
- Supply the filling stations with printed bags and other supplies necessary to assemble the flexible container
- Inspect and ensure that the printed bags and their components meet quality standards
Duties performed on a continual or intermittent basis
- Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities
- Perform scheduled quality checks using an assortment of gauges and a scale.
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- In a Class I Controlled Environment which includes the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses, safety shoes, ear plugs, jumpsuit, hood, hairnet, beard cover, gloves, isolation mask and boots (additional PPE required when cleaning)
- Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise
- Involves working around equipment, machinery and belts
- Requires occasionally working with chemical cleaners and disinfectants
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Possess or be able to obtain Inspector Certification
- One year of manufacturing experience
- CRC (Career Readiness Certification) Silver level
- Requires continuous grasping, pushing/pulling up to 40 pounds for a distance up to 50 feet and reaching with hands and arms up to 18 inches.
- Lifting and carrying on average up to 12 pounds frequently throughout the shift.
- Normal visual acuity and the ability to distinguish color are necessary.
- Have the ability to complete quick and precise repetitive processes using both arms and both hands
- Occasionally specialized physicals are required when working with certain drug codes.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, squat, climb ladders, reach forward, balance, stoop and crouch.
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice .