Medical Director opening in Denver, Colorado. Job Description & Requirements
PACE Medical Director in Colorado
StartDate: ASAP Pay Rate: $.00
Under the supervision of the Area Medical Director, Regional Medical Officer, the Center Medical Director provides medical care for PACE participants. This position is responsible for the medical care of participants across a variety of settings, including but not limited to the ADHC clinic, participants homes, the nursing home, assisted living facilities, and personal care boarding homes. Direct hospital inpatient care is not required but close coordination of care with hospital-based providers is essential. The Center Medical Director is also responsible for oversight of day-to-day medical operations at the center(s) and provides supervision of physicians and adult nurse practitioners. The Center Medical Director assists with keeping expenses with department budget, quality initiatives, utilization and resource management, and providing support to Executive staff.
Job BenefitsAbout the Company
- Provide medical care to organizations participants, including the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of their medical conditions, including but not limited to taking of medical history, performance of physical examination, ordering, and interpretation of diagnostic tests, formulation of an assessment of condition and a treatment plan, writing prescriptions, ongoing follow up of same, and management of medical information from specialists and hospital teams.
- Document medical care in the participant s medical record, in compliance with organization's documentation policies. May include involvement with the establishment of electronic medical records and providing the Area Medical Director with input around needed ongoing EMR enhancements.
- Provide after-hours medical coverage as assigned by the Primary Care leadership structure to assure that a physician is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Participate in backup call schedule when and where necessary to ensure continuous care to participants.
- Participate within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation of Plans of Care for organizations participants, as well as in other interdisciplinary team settings that further the care of PACE participants.
- Contribute to the quality improvement initiatives of organizations programs
- Presents input into, initiates, and/or facilitates new medical programs and processes supporting organizations' strategic goals.
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, Elderly Care, Home Care, Long-Term Care, Senior, Assisted Living, Gerontological, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor, Hospital Clinic, Md, General Practice Physician, Gp, Primary Care Doctor, General Practitioner Physician