ProHealth Physicians, part of OptumCare
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization's that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticuts leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Support the Imaging team and its patients by providing quality Radiologic exams by following established standards and practices. Provide superior patient care while ensuring radiation doses are kept to a minimum using the ALARA principle. Optimize exposure for the given clinical task and patient group using dose reduction tools where appropriate. Must have sound knowledge of DR techniques and patient positioning for patients age birth to geriatrics. Possess strong communication skills with patients, staff, and Radiologists. The candidate must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty.
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients for their Radiology exam by collecting and recording(as applicable): Patient Demographics, Height and Weight, current medications and chief complaint and history
- Review all patient orders fro appropriate demographics and coding.
- Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealths Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information for our Radiologists and Bone Densitometrists.
- Create and review your daily patient log for productivity and billing purposes.
- Use the CoActiv Picture Archive & Communication system (PACS) for reviewing images and reports.
- Review all of the Imaging reports for accuracy and contact the Radiology group for any necessary addendums.
- Order supplies and maintain appropriate records.
- Prepare and maintain equipment to follow our quality maintenance program. Follow ProHealth Physicians Imaging QI policies which include our report timeliness and completeness, productivity reporting, patient satisfaction surveys, and record keeping policies.
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA, ACR, and ARRT regulations and ProHealth policies.
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.