The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC
) facilities in Englewood, CO oversees the design and architecture of Charter's multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.JOB SUMMARY
The Principal Architect III is responsible for establishing and leading an enterprise wide architecture program, helping Charter enable their future-state business capabilities that drive the organization's targeted business outcomes through the choice of programs, projects and initiatives.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Provide technical direction and solutions to architectural, development, and operational teams on assigned projects to small teams.
- Lead architect teams to formulate and review new software/hardware platforms.
- Review the most complex designs and problems to solution within internal/external systems in order to complete project initiatives for the business.
- Design and provide support for the organization's application systems, components and/or infrastructure for an assigned technology domain.
- Oversee creation of architectural framework for application systems and/or information system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts.
- Work closely with developers and engineers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and to ensure effective integration among application systems, information systems and infrastructure.
- Formulate criteria, technologies, and use cases for and execute proofs-of-concept for new approaches and platforms.
- Understand the interfaces and interoperability between systems, data, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluate the impact of changes, additions or decommissions.
- Analyze systems and define metrics for usability testing to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, and meet security requirements.
- Define develop, and influence technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
- Determine enterprise level solutions to problems that relate to compatibility, systems, disparate, and multiple platform integration.
- Lead and influence collaborations with business and technical teams to review conflicts/gaps between functional goals and existing capabilities across the organization.
- Manage and participate in enterprise and solution prioritization planning with executive management.
- Provide technical assistance to development and operations project teams on new system projects and existing systems, and provide formal skills development training and informal mentoring to other employees.
- Develop and document best practices for code design, development, and review, API design and contracts, version control, test automation and build automation.
- Collaborate with development managers and project teams to review project code trees for compliance with best practices.
- Provide insight to project cost during annual budgeting process.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Proven analytical skills to solve complex technology and business problems
- Inquisitive nature. Eager to explore new concepts and approaches
- Superior written, verbal and presentation skills to all levels in the organization, including executive leadership, and external forums. May need to use influential ability to lead teams to desired business outcomes
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to listen and marry multiple points of view from a technical perspective to a business perspective and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show good judgment, initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Advanced knowledge of software development and delivery (cloud computing, containerization, high-availability, mobile apps, big data and machine learning)
- Expert knowledge of software development and delivery (cloud computing, containerization, high-availability, mobile apps, big data, data at rest and in motion, AI, and machine learning)
- Proven ability to present technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Maintain good working relationships in order to influence roadmaps with business owners and stakeholders
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience.Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Cumulative experience with system installation, configuration, operations, software development, and/or database development - 10+WORKING CONDITIONS
Office environmentPHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Mental Requirements IAT801 306753-2 306753BR