Permanent position: Immediate, direct hire opening, for a Project Manager working for mechanical contracting company in the East Lyme, CT area. This client specializes in various commercial, institutional, life science and industrial projects. The ideal candidate will have a BS Degree in Engineering or Construction management and specific experience in Construction, plumbing, piping, metal fabrication, HVAC, Project Management, design etc.
- The Project Manager has overall responsibility for the project within established goals for quality, timeliness, budget, profitability, safety and customer satisfaction, with major focus on customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for delegating various items to Project Engineers. (ex. submittal documents, dwg reviews, coordinating with field personnel, lead times, design etc...
- Managing subcontractors, budgets, labor, change orders, obtaining quotes, submitting billing / invoicing schedules and project close-out activities.
- Working in the office coordination with design, fabrication, production etc..
Requirements for the Project Manager
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management, desirable. (specific plumbing, hvac or mechanical contracting experience will be highly considered in lieu of a BS degree.)
- 7+ years experience in construction, mechanical contracting, project engineering, engineering HVAC / plumbing systems etc.