Large Ag Company has an exciting opportunity at their McPherson, KS Refinery. We are looking for a Refinery Superintendent to be responsible for process area management including ensuring process safety, meeting the comprehensive operating plan, providing engineering support for operations, monitoring equipment, monitoring catalyst activity, and trouble-shooting process problems.
Candidates MUST have prior Leadership experience in a Refinery
Salary - $150,000 - $180,000 + bonus
Relocation Assistance is available.
****This company DOES NOT relocate of sponsor candidates outside of the US
- Be responsible for Safety Management (PSM compliance and safe work performance).
- Ensure Environmental Stewardship (compliance and improvement).
- Maintain Production Capability
- Create Value (relieving constraints and optimizing processes).
- Lead Change (making physical asset and work process improvements happen).
- Be accountable for the process performance of facility
- Optimize efforts on a daily and long-term basis to ensure safe process unit operation, achieve good environmental control, minimize energy consumption, and maximize profitability.
- Provide engineering to support day-to-day operating objectives for the facility and execute projects when cannot be resourced to other Departments. Typical engineering examples include planning and executing maintenance and improvement, projects and fulfilling PSM requirements
- Collaborate with other Refinery Departments to schedule production and maintenance turnarounds.
- Operate Refinery equipment during an emergency, fire or strike.
- Overcome challenges presented by mechanical difficulties and comply with environmental and safety requirements that involve changing regulations and specifications.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of petroleum refining industry experience
- Strong technical understanding of petroleum refinery operations, process design, petroleum product specifications, mechanical design, and construction processes
Please apply to jgoldstein@