2690 Monroeville Blvd, Monroeville, Pennsylvania, 15146, United States of America
As a Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse (PD RN), you educate your patients on how to do their own dialysis from their homes, and you take responsibility for the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their treatment stays on track. You will work a Monday to Friday schedule-yet your impact on the lives of our patients will be felt every day.
If you haven't considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
- Complexities - You multitask in myriad ways - put down one patient's chart, start another, work with a physician, run out to get a medication, respond to a supplier's request - with lots of loose ends to pull together and a lot of follow up. It's challenging, fun and keeps your day fresh.
- Educator - Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands. If you feel your calling has always been to be both a nurse and educator, then you will love your work as a peritoneal dialysis nurse. Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients from feeling sick and afraid, to strong and independent.
- Autonomy - Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting. Plan to be on your toes at all times. You use your mind constantly. You apply your "core" nursing skills to assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. There's a lot to track and manage and the joy comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients' lives.
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most including:
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace ®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new dialysis teammates a robust, paid training program to help you learn the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experiences for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey. We offer programs such as:
- THRIVE: Develops high-potential nurses, clinical coordinators and clinic nurse managers into operational managers
- DSSL & SPARK - Gives clinical teammates the chance to develop their supervisory and leadership skill set
- 100+ CEU courses at no cost
- Gateway: A web-based application available to teammates for career planning, learning and training, and recognition. It allows you to access new courses and CE credits and explore career paths on your own time. It also has a newsfeed to keep you up to date on Village news and functions as a social platform to connect you to teammates
Some details about this position:
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement it may be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
- Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis and/or Home Hemodialysis (HHD) nursing experience
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step at https://careers.davita.com
Nurses: if this isn't the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
Questions? Email us at (see below) or send us a message on our DaVita Careers Facebook page.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer - Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this means click here.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits