Join Our Team: Put the CARE back in CAREER - Join our team today! Employee Perks!: Dramatically Increased Wages! Overview:
Pediatric Specialty Care in Point Pleasant, PA (Bucks County) is seeking dedicated and compassionate Respiratory Therapist (RT) for Per Diem
Pediatric Specialty Care Overview:
- At Pediatric Specialty Care, we are dedicated to providing the best possible long term, short term and transitional care available for technology-dependent and medically fragile infants, children and young adults. Pediatric Specialty Care is dedicated to meeting the unique needs of medically complex and technology dependent individuals ranging from birth to 21 years of age. Our goal is to enable children with special needs to realize their fullest potential in a nurturing and supportive environment. It is evident to our residents and their families that whether we are helping to transition a child back to their family's home or celebrating a resident's small, yet miraculous achievement, we are deeply committed to their physical, psychological and spiritual well-being every step of the way.
Respiratory Therapist Shift Options (12-hour shifts):
- Day Shift (6:45am-7:15pm)- seeking Per Diem
- Night Shift (6:45pm-7:15am) - seeking Per Diem
Respiratory Therapist Status Options Defined:
- Per Diem requirements: The hourly requirements are a minimum of two (2) shifts per month to include at least one (1) weekend shift and a minimum of two of the six designated holidays at facility discretion, not benefit eligible.
PSC Benefits to Explore (even part-timers qualify if minimum hours are met!):
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Next Generation Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pediatric Specialty Care in Point Pleasant, PA is located at: 90 Cafferty Road, Point Pleasant, PA 18950 . Apply to our Respiratory Therapist position today!
Essential Job Functions for Respiratory Therapist
1. Screens and provides an in-depth evaluation of the needs of ventilator and respiratory clients.
2. Identifies individual problems and needs through continuously collective objectives and subjective data based on interview, observation and review of individual records.
3. Consults with the attending physician regarding treatment protocol. Provides written recommendations for interdisciplinary care planning and treatment.
4. Contributes to the development, maintenance, and evaluation of the individual care plan.
5. Respiratory Care interventions are consistent with the individual care plan and standards of practices as described by the AARC and/or state regulating agencies.
6. Documentation is appropriate and reflects the care plan and reflects the individual's response to respiratory care interventions for scheduled and PRN treatment.
7. Identifies problems and develops a complete plan of care according to facility/unit policy and federal/state regulations.
8. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries of individuals receiving respiratory treatment and monitoring according to state, federal, and facility policies.
9. Maintains documentation regarding the administration of medications and other required records.
10. Administer prescribed medications and treatment in accordance with the approved respiratory techniques.
11. Initiates ventilator weaning protocol and/or respiratory rehabilitation in accordance with physician's orders; maintains required contact with physician.
12. Identifies deviations from expected lab values, monitoring etc. as related to scope of practice.
13. Assess each assigned individual daily.
14. Communicates pertinent individual and assignment information to coworkers, Manager, and interdisciplinary team members, including physician as appropriate.
15. Confers with personnel of other departments and provides required training to meet special needs of individuals.
16. Demonstrates flexibility in response to schedule changes, emergencies, individual needs.
17. Maintains the safety and confidentiality of individual's medical record.
18. Ensures that equipment and supplies are used in an appropriate, cost effective manner.
19. Alerts Lead Respiratory Therapist/DON/ADON of needed supplies and equipment for Respiratory Therapy Department.
20. Documentation is completed, concise and appropriate both in the medical records and all in-house communication which includes ventilation checks every 12 hours per PSC policy.
21. Provide required training to new staff, family/caregivers on specific respiratory equipment and procedures.
22. Assists with conducting in-service training programs for other personnel involved in direct care of respiratory individuals.
23. Administers inhaled medications to ventilator dependent individuals and assigned pulmonary rehabilitation clients.
24. Documents, reports, and follows through on abnormal findings with physicians/nurses/team.
25. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
26. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
27. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
28. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
29. Supports and abides by Pediatric Specialty Care's Mission, Vision, and Values.
30. Abides by Pediatric Specialty Care's businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
31. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Superior customer service skills
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Patient and empathetic
Strong attention to detail
Base wages increase with experience!
From: USD $36.00/Hr. Qualifications:
Educational Requirements and Qualifications for Respiratory Therapist
- Minimum of Associate's degree in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited educational institution; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Possession of active, unencumbered state Respiratory Therapist license in state where work is performed. Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory Therapist by National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Must possess a valid CPR from AHA Healthcare provider.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at applicable PSC locations.
Pediatric Specialty Care expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.