New Pay Rates effective Immediately
West Valley Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for RN ICU position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
West Valley Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at West Valley Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a highly-skilled and compassionate ICU Nurse you will provide critical care expertise along with excellent patient care on our intensive care unit. You will demonstrate clinical competency, nursing judgment, teaching skills, and a commitment to providing quality patient care. You will be part of a team that pulls together to provide a quality patient care experience.
In this role:
- You will prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identifies needs for intervention.
- You will demonstrate appropriate decision making, critical thinking and clinical judgment to make nursing decision and identify health care needs.
- You will evaluate and document each patient's response to medications, interventions, and procedures.
- You will assist in the formulation, coordination, and implementation of the patient's Plan of Care based on the assessment of their individual needs.
- You will monitor basic EKG, recognize rhythms and the ability to intervene as needed.
- You will assist the physician with procedures such as intubation, line placement and chest tubes
- You will ensure ventilator, monitors and other equipment are functioning properly. You are able to trouble shoot alarms.
- You will demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and function well under stressful situations.
- You will collaborate with fellow members of the critical care team.
- Current Idaho State RN license in good standing.
- 1-2 years ICU nursing experience preferred
- Associates degree in nursing required, Bachelor preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification preferred. Must obtain BLS or BCLS within 7 days of hire and maintain certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification preferred. Must obtain ALS or ACLS within 90 days of hire and maintain certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support Course (PALS) and Certification preferred. Must obtain PALS within 90 days of hire and maintain certification.
- Current CPI (NVCI) or obtain within 60 days of date of hire
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care. Located in Caldwell, Idaho, this150 plus bed facility comes nationally accredited. We have consistently been awarded for performance and clinical outcomes. The WVMC team is comprised of800 employees and volunteers. Our three-story hospital has several off-site community clinics. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year.
Located within The Treasure of the Valley, WVMC stands as a pillar of excellence for our friendly community. Caldwell offers a family-friendly culture with walking paths, recreational parks, two golf courses, the... Please click HERE to view full job description.