Born from a tradition of nonprofit journalism and deeply engaged in innovative digital ventures, The Chronicle is powered by an essential mission: to inform, empower, and connect the people and institutions that work to improve society. Today, The Chronicle serves the higher-education and nonprofit communities through two industry-leading news and information resources: The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy.
The Chronicle is seeking a Sales Manager to join its team.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for cultivating and closing opportunities across The Chronicle of Higher Education digital, print, content and live event advertising products to College and University partners.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- 24 PTO Days + Company Holidays
- Paternal/Family/Adoption Leave
- 401K with Company Contribution & Profit Sharing
- Tuition Assistance
- And more!
- Identify and prospect new business opportunities and maintain a high level of lead generation to consistently increase client base.
- Cultivate senior level relationships at college/institutions, agencies, and brand decision makers.
- Develop, craft, and pitch client proposals and opportunities.
- Be an expert in The Chronicle content and media products to advise partners on product recommendations.
- 8+ years of media sales experience with successful track record selling integrated media programs.
- Excels in entrepreneurial sales environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills, professional demeanor, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel up to 20% to institutions and conferences
The Chronicle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a diverse work environment. We encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.