Are you thinking about improving your career development and your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most successful international logistics organizations here at Kuehne+Nagel. Our Jersey City branch is looking for a new Senior ISC Manager Business Development to join their Sea Logistics team.
The Sr. Manager Business Development , International Supply Chain is a seasoned supply chain professional who is responsible for leading the business development process for supply chain solutions including purchase order management, supplier management, transportation management, value added services, etc. They will partner with our national sales organization to identify and develop targets.
- Build and drive strategic relationships with key contacts within nominated Verticals to understand opportunities for Kuehne+Nagel to create value.
- Lead white board sessions to understand customer supply chain needs and areas where Kuehne+Nagel can create value.
- Liaise with Supply Chain Engineering group to develop creative supply chain solutions for new and existing customers.
- Work closely with product leadership to create new supply chain solutions for vertical segment.
- Responsible to mobilize Kuehne+Nagel internal stakeholders around value creation opportunities and to work closely in leading cross functional team to develop creative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Support / Lead the RFQ response for their assigned Strategic Customer(s) including proposal writing, collaborative development of win theme, aligning with executive team on strategy.
- Maintain close communication with customer and Kuehne+Nagel's operations to assure uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results. Direct operational issues to the correct operational owner.
- Partner with product leadership to create new and creative solutions and service offerings for vertical and International Supply Chain.
- Train internal sales team / key account management on ISC product.
- Meet or exceed business development volume and GP growth targets.
Your Skills and Experiences
- 7-10 years of experience in solution design, sales, supply chain strategy, project management or account management.
- Experience in Seafreight Freight Forwarding / 3PL / 4PL industries.
- Experience in Retail / FMCG industries.
- Solid understanding of the theory and practice of supply chain management.
- Ability to provide clear direction to operations support staff to gather necessary data and implement the right solution..
- Creative ability in developing sales strategies and solutions and in presenting innovative solutions to customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Works well in a team selling environment.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%).
- Undergraduate degree in logistics, international business or related business field.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer a great compensation package, medical, dental, and retirement benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a dynamic global work environment. At Kuehne+Nagel we strive daily to Inspire, Empower and Deliver not only to our customers but colleagues.