At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The position will support the design, development & integration of new technology platforms supporting Future Business Segment including Branch, Client and Operational systems. This position will support the strategic firm initiative and contribute in defining and building the solution architecture and integration patterns to support the product roadmap. The role will architect solutions that integrate with core EJ domains and drive enablement of new digital channels and experiences. The role is expected to follow architectural best practices and build scale and efficiencies that enable future business growth.What You Will Do
- As a senior Solution Architect, you will be responsible for designing and delivery of cloud-based solutions and technologies to support the digital transformation of Future Business Segment. In this role, you will be architecting new capabilities and integrating systems across multi-cloud platforms.
- You will be designing solutions efficiently taking into account the core business domains & supporting systems, data and integration flows and non-functional concerns.
- You will guide and mentor teams on architecture, design, and integration of business software across multiple product platforms while ensuring solutions are built with performance, scalability and resiliency in mind.
- Drives adaption of architectural patterns, design policies, code quality and performance across initiatives
- This role entails understanding of Product Teams and Agile methodology and practices, DevOps and continuous delivery practices.
- You will build strong partnerships and relationships with stakeholders in Product Management, UX, PMO, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure and Security.
- You will work closely with support teams, systems and business leads to promote technical and functional upgrades, enhancements and best practices/industry standards
- This role requires having excellent communication skills, interfacing and communication at all levels of the organization, leading discussions and driving decisions
- Passionate about learning new technologies, industry trends and mentoring others.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems preferred or related work experience
- 10+ years of experience in designing and building enterprise scale distributed solutions
- 5+ years of experience in domain modelling, system design, cloud architectures & integration patterns
- Practical experience in designing and building Microservices & REST API's. Experience with distributed caching, event-driven and streaming frameworks preferred.
- Experienced in designing and building highly scalable, distributed & secure solutions that run in a cloud environment such as Azure
- Experienced in both relational and non-relational data stores
- Expert Hands on experience in one of the following
- Technologies such as Spring Boot, Microservices, API Management, Event Streaming, Cloud-Native Patterns, Observability & Performance optimizations
- Data modelling, Master and Operational Data Stores, Data ingestion & distribution patterns, ETL/ELT technologies, Relational and Non-Relational DB's, DB Optimization patterns
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® By Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the list.
- From FORTUNE ©2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this prestigious list.
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more information.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $128299 - $218456