Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.About The Role
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a key member of the Hardware team shaping the way we develop our products. Both an exceptional technical engineer and self-starter, you are able to design, execute, and test complex embedded features on a range of Linux and real-time operating systems. Help define the next generation on-edge, business intelligence and workflows of our safety and gateway products.
This role will help build the next-generation Hardware platforms for Motive. You understand how to design and develop modular software features in a collaborative environment and agile team. This role offers immense career advancement and the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
We are looking for a motivated
and driven self-starter, to further our technical stack from end to end.What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Design and develop high-performance firmware and software for cutting-edge embedded platforms.
- Debug, optimize, and validate firmware on complex embedded multi-core architectures.
- Develop automated and unit-level functional testing to validate designs.
- Present and provide feedback on architectural discussions for next-generation business logic.
- Engage with a cross-disciplinary team to design, develop and test features up the stack.
- Validate and maintain features using cloud-based analysis at scale
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- +4 years of experience in software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Application-level architecture experience on multi-threaded programs.
- Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in application development, including the development of algorithms, manipulation of complex data structures, and implementing highly optimized code
- Strong experience with common programming concepts and languages including C/C++, Rust, Golang (TBD)
- A strong work ethic and a desire to tackle challenging technical challenges.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.