The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can manage a project with oversight from proposal phase to construction administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish project goals and deadlines, and direct the integration of technical activities
- Inspect project sites and evaluate contractor work to detect design malfunctions and ensure conformance to design specifications and applicable codes.
- Develop construction documents that include structural framing plans, foundation and superstructure detailing, notes, specifications, and typical construction details
- Drafting of plans and details for building structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations
- Develop gravity and lateral design loads using commercial and residential building codes (IBC 2018 & ASCE 7-16).
- Design details of building structures utilizing wood, steel, concrete, and masonry construction materials.
- Develop structural analysis model (2D & 3D) utilizing RAM Steel and Ram Elements analysis software.
- Draft plans and details for building structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations.
- Performs other engineering related duties.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Basic Organizational Skills
Intermediate Knowledge of Building Construction
Computer Aided Analysis & Design Software
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
1-4 years of structural engineering experience
Strong Knowledge of Statics, Mechanics of Materials and Structures Analysis
Must have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Autodesk AutoCAD software
Professional Engineer licensed Preferred
Enercalc Engineering Software
RAM Steel Analysis Software
RAM Elements Finite Elements Modeling
Physical demands and work environment:
Office work environment
Performs visual inspections of building and site visit in uneven terrain
Must be able to lift 10 pounds
Must be able to physically use a keyboard and computer
We offer an awesome work environment! Our team is fun (but professional) and we take care of our employees. We've been growing steadily since we started in 2007 and have been adding to our staff each year. Our benefits include:
- Healthcare/Dental/Vision paid at 100% by company
- 401k matched at 4%
- Bonuses 2x per year
- Competitive salary
- Partial work-from-home option and flexible work hours
- Generous tuition reimbursement (up to $10,000 / year)
And many more benefits.
If you love what you do and are good at it, like to continually learn and improve your skills and have a positive attitude we'd love to hear from you!