Would you like to contribute to the strength of TBP as a Test Engineer, where you will be involved at the earliest design stage by our clients? Do you have a broad interest in the company's diverse industries, such as defence, medical, industrial and aerospace? Then look no further - with your skills in the field of early supplier involvement and Design for eXcellence (DfX) you have found your new career at our beautiful location on the Brainport Industries Campus (BIC1) in Eindhoven!
From the earliest design stages, you will be helping clients perfect the design of printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA). The highest quality, optimal testability, manufacturability and delivery flexibility and minimal costs will be the outcomes of your work. With Design for Manufacturing (DfM) and Design for Testing (DfT), you will maximise the manufacturability, test accessibility and test coverage of the PCB design together with the designer. You will advise the client on the best testing strategy. With DfM and DfT, we guarantee the best delivery quality for our clients and you will be a part of that.
As a test engineer, you will develop test hardware and software in collaboration with the client and coordinate the requirements for the test. These tests are used to ensure the proper operation of the assembled printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs) and electronic modules, ensuring that they meet the customer's specifications when delivered. You will assess and advise regarding the electronic design on manufacturability and testability. You will be responsible for proper and timely feedback regarding possible comments to the designers on the client side. You will prepare test procedures and test requirements and adapt the tests in the event of any changes. You will work together effectively with our testing staff at the head office in Dirksland. You will resolve faults with the developed tests in production and will support the testing staff in Dirksland.
Has reading this job vacancy piqued your interest? Read the profile outlined below and see if you meet the following requirements:
- Master of Science (MSc) in Applied Engineering, specialisation option in electronics
- Thorough knowledge of measuring equipment, analogue and digital electronics (knowledge of boundary scan and ICT testing is desirable)
- Knowledge and experience with Labview, C/C++ is a requirement
- Knowledge of the following skills is an advantage: VHDL, NI Teststand, schematic and PCB design using Orcad/Altium, SQL
- The ability to discuss and contribute ideas with electronics developers
- Good command of (technical) English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Business-oriented and customer-oriented, entrepreneurial, ability to work under pressure, integral and analytical thinking, pragmatic and a team player
Can you see yourself in the opportunities we offer:
- Working for a dynamic, future-oriented organisation
- Being a part of a family-run business, where everyone is there to support each other
- A seat at the BIC (new location on the Brainport Industries Campus) in Eindhoven
- A full-time position with the potential for permanent employment
- 27 leave days and 13 days off as part of a reduction of working hours (ADV days)
- Competitive salary and 8% holiday pay
- Commuting allowance
- Pension scheme through CLA Metalektro
We are an electronics manufacturing services (EMS) company that offers integrated services in the field of printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs). With over 140 employees and a production facility on the beautiful island of Goeree-Overflakkee (South Holland), VDL TBP Electronics has been serving and closely involved with its customers since 1976. Our test engineering department is located at the Brainport Industries Campus in Eindhoven.
The production department is the heart of our organisation. At VDL TBP Electronics, we are honoured to serve companies from a variety of challenging industries. These include semicon & analytics, vision, security & aerospace, science & health, energy & industry. We are a top Dutch player in the field of high-tech electronics for a number of well-known companies in the manufacturing industry. For example, we assemble electronics for solar-powered vehicles, respirators, chip machines, industrial cameras and many other innovative clients in the technology sector.
Since January 2021, VDL TBP Electronics has been a part of VDL Groep, which is supporting its ongoing growth ambitions.