USA Associate, Data Architecture
Miami, United States of America WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING Job description
- Capable of decomposing complex problems to modules, related tasks and construct tactical solutions with prescribed tools that can be adopted by all data architects. Can introduce new tools or features to the framework.
- Understand complex business requirements and take the lead to design enterprise information architecture solutions in compliance with firm wide data management principles and security controls.
- Analyze across multiple data domains and define strategies to reduce data redundancy, improve data availability, and accessibility by partnering with the technical teams and deliver a maintainable and reusable data architecture.
- Act as SME to multiple data domains and is a single point of contact for data sources in the domain.
- Analyze data attributes from multiple systems and develop Common Information Models.
- Govern data decisions related to data model design, data access patterns, and data services.
- Maintains the end-to-end vision of the data flow diagram and develop logical data models into one or more physical data repositories.
- Define and Implement data access controls and monitoring.
- Works with project management and other architects to provide work estimates and ensure timely delivery of the data solution.
- Works with business users to gather, document and seek approval of business requirements.
- Supports data governance and data stewards. Reviews data rules developed by stewards.
- Escalate data issues to governance as needed and seek resolution.
- Perform data analysis, creates and maintains data models, mapping documents, data dictionary as per data architecture framework.
- Publish data dictionary.
- Liaison with development, DBA and reporting team.
Creates deployment packages and supports Production installs, issues as directed.
- Define/test/Implement and optimize data architecture framework.
- Seeks design approval from data architecture team and from architecture review board. Maintains the review documents and approval information.
- Mentor junior architects as business and technical SME.
- Provide work status to management.
Educational BS/MS in Computer Science, Engg. or related IT field Technical:
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in data discipline such as developing and implementing data framework, reference models, data modeling (operational and analytical). Has some hands on experience with emerging technologies such as streaming data capture, change data capture etc.
- Hands on experience on multiple data technologies such as relational Databases, Data replication, Data Integration, Reporting and data governance tools with a strong emphasis on databases.
- Hands on expertise in data modeling for operational, warehouse master data/reference data and analytical reporting system. Experienced in conceptual, logical and physical modeling using Erwin or similar tools. Can develop MS office automation code.
- 7 or more yrs. hands on working knowledge in one or more relational database such as Oracle MS SQLServer (preferred), Teradata etc.
- Expertise in designing solution for structured and unstructured data (JSON, XML) and working knowledge of data streaming platforms.
- Ability to write efficient queries, performance tuning, advanced data partitioning, right use of indices, materialized views, database encryptions and access control are a must.
- Working knowledge of Integration with Data quality tool (IGC preferred) and Data scheduling tool such as Control-M or equivalent.
- Very Good understanding of underlying hardware architecture (process and storage) used by data stores (RDBMS and non RDBMS).
- Proficient in using MS office suite and ability to develop MS office automation code. Develop Power shell scripts where required.
- Some hands on knowledge of data integration, reporting and scheduling tools such as Informatica (preferred) or equivalent and reporting tools such as SSRS, SSAS, and Tableau (preferred) or equivalent, Control-M or equivalent.
- 5 or more years of financial services industry experience with very good understanding of cross domain business processes.
- Ability to develop and document data architecture using industry standard modeling tools and techniques.
- Strong systems thinking and analytical approaches to problem solving.
- Ability to articulate complex technical scenarios to stake holders and non-technical audience in a simple business language.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and oral and written communication skills. Should be able to partner and build consensus with peers, seniors and cross functional team.
- Experience in working in a team-oriented, multi-cultural, collaborative environment.
Patient and flexible.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand potential uses.
Understand and support any proof of concept effort and integrate into current work process.
- Working knowledge of big data related technologies and Streaming data capture.
Understanding of financial services law.
- Experience in Auto Lending, Banking services business.
- Familiar with data management framework ITIL, TOGAF, Zackman or equivalent.
Exposure to NoSQL databases.
- Some conceptual level understanding of containers, micro service architecture event streams.
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Bachelor of Science (BS) English Primary Location:
Miami, Florida, United States of America Other Locations:
Santander Consumer USA Inc.